Thursday, June 3, 2010

Houston, We Have Landed

So last you heard of me I was getting on the train from Ottawa to Toronto. 30 hours later, I've finally reached my destination.
The train was pretty uneventful. I filled those 4 hours by entertaining myself with one of my favourite activities: sleeping. I slept a lot... enough to consider saying I'm damn lucky Toronto was the last stop on the way. (Queue my mom shaking her head here lol)
But it was, and so I got off at Union Station, to be helped by a very kind gentleman who refused to provide me with his cart to carry my two pieces of luggage and whom I therefore had to tip to get him to carry around the stuff for me. There go ten bucks. He helped me to the shuttle service to the airport, and from there once I got into the plane I can honestly say I did nothing but eat and sleep.
The 8 hour flight to Amsterdam was entirely uneventful... but by the way a BIG shoutout to KLM for providing me with what easily was the best meal i've ever had on an aircraft. Those were some good ravioli. In Amsterdam I chatted away the battery life of my last piece of communication (and so my last source of music... but it was worth it) and then off I was, to my 11 hour flight on my way to Cape Town... and an extra 9 hours of slumber.
Cape Town airport is pretty great. Customs is superfast, and my host family was waiting for me outside the gates with a little Daniela Chavez sign (with stars and hearts). They were sure I was bringing someone with me when they saw the size of my luggage.
The sights of Cape Town!!! Oh they are wonderful... or they must be at least. I have no clue... it's really dark at night here. I'll discover more tomorrow.
Till then, PEACE OUT!

Mood: Tired (yes, still)
Music: Can't be Tamed - Miley Cyrus (I know, I know.... I should be ashamed. BUT I'M NOT, SO SUCK THAT)
Location: Kuils River, Cape Town, South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment